heart and clouds

Sunday 1 April 2012

Fancy some homemade Pizza?

My version of the all famous Pizza :)
So I had a little bit of spare time on my hands the other day and I needed something to do.

But what?

It was dinner time and I thought Pizza would be a great idea.
But walking all the way up to the shop was just a big no-go.
Uncle Google is the answer!

I did some research and found this fantastic Pizza recipe online. Where would we be without the Internet? Anyways I did some additional changes to the recipe in terms of what goes on top of it. Homemade Pizza makes great party food and is easy enough to make. Or if you have kids it could be a good Sunday activity.
Bon apetit!

Ingredients:

Pizza Dough: Makes enough for two 10 - 12 inch pizzas

  • 1 1/2 cups warm water
  • 1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) of active dry yeast. Don't forget to check the expiration date)
  • 3 1/2 cups bread flour (you can use all purpose flour too)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions:
  1. Mix the warm water and the yeast in a big bowl until the yeast has dissolved completely.
  2. Add all the other ingredients and mix until you get a soft dough
  3. cover the bowl with either a wet kitchen towel or cling film and place bowl in a warm place for about 60 min. Alternatively you can preheat the oven to 180°C switch it off and let the bowl sit in it for an hour.
  4. The pizza dough should have doubled in seize. Simply spread dough on whatever it is you are using to backe the pizza on. Be careful though. Try to make the base as thin as possible if you prefer an Italian style pizza base. 

For the toppings I used anything but the kitchen sink.

  • Tomato sauce (I used an italian style one for an original taste)
  • Ham
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Mushrooms
  • Rocket salad
  • Sliced Broccoli
  • Some Czech sausage which I borrowed from my Housemate (Thanks Pav! :) )
  • Sliced Tomatoes
And thats it. Sprinkle a little bit of pepper on top of it and a few fresh herbs like basil et voilá your are guaranteed to have a fantastic dinner!! 


Here is a link to the original recipe:
Pizzalicious



No comments:

Post a Comment